Looking for the perfect pink cocktail? We've got ya covered.
Several years ago I came across a cotton candy cocktail recipe, and it immediately became a favorite. Over the years I’ve adjusted the recipe to make it juuust right, so I wanted to pass it along! It is SO EASY to make + only requires a few ingredients! And for those watching their figure, this drink has approximately 76 calories, excluding the cotton candy. Perfect for girls night, or when you want a drink that is light and fun!
Prep the glass
- Pour the corn syrup onto a small plate.
- Pour the sugar crystals into a small bowl.
- Dip the top edge of the glass into the corn syrup.
- Then immediately dip it into the bowl of the sugar crystals.
Mix it up!
- Combine 1 cup 7UP Zero with 1 shot (1.5 ounces) Malibu coconut rum. The amount of alcohol used can be adjusted, especially if you’ve had a bad day 😊 Side note: If you decide to adjust the alcohol in the recipe, keep in mind the general rule of thumb for mixed drinks is 1:3 (i.e. 1 oz. alcohol, 3 oz. mixer). I personally use a lower ratio of alcohol, but that is based on personal preference.
- Stir to mix.
Top it off
- Delicately pour the cotton candy out of its round container. Keep in mind cotton candy becomes more compact (rather than soft and wispy) the more you touch it.
- Place the cotton candy on a cutting board.
- Slowly cut off a ¼ inch sliver using a large knife.
- Using a different glass or other object with a slightly larger opening than the serving glass, cut out a round slice of the cotton candy. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter for this step is also super cute!
- Place the cotton candy slice on top of the serving glass.
- When you’re ready to take a drink, push the cotton candy into the glass and watch it change to pink! We like to serve it with paper straws or a drink stirrer, so you don’t have to worry about any stickiness from the cotton candy.